13 April 2011

Pocket Friend

Hi everyone,

 

How is your week going?  Can you believe that Easter is nearly here and April will be gone before we know it.

 

What do they say - ‘Time flies when you are having fun!’ and I have been having fun creating a card for the colour challenge from Colorlab Challenge # 36 and the sketch layout from Create with Connie and Mary # 145.

 

Here are the images from the challenges and if you click on the images you will be taken to the respective site:

 

ColorChallenge36

 

I have used Early Espresso for the base of my card and I have also used the Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

 

 

IMG_1555_edited-1

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Pocket Silhouettes

Card: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Whisper White
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade

Accessories:  3/8” (1 cm) Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, 1/8” (3.2 mm) Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

 

I really love the colour combo, it goes so well together and the sketch is simple and quick.

 

I just love the embossing folders they make such a quick background to any creation.

 

Let me know what you think and leave me a message.

 

Keep creating….. Meg x

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you used the embossing folder on the background. Lovely card. Thanks for joining the ColorLab challenge this week.

Jen Timko said...

This is really pretty! I really like this embossing folder with this stamp set. So glad you joined us at ColorLab Challenges this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Clean and simple. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

I think this card is just delicious! The embossed background looks fabulous paired with the Pocket Silhouettes stamps. This is a great take on the color challenge. Thanks for playing with us at the ColorLab this week!

Mary Brown said...

Oh...those little accents of red are just PERFECT!!! Thanks for joining us this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Debbie Henderson said...

Perfect color combination. I havent' seen this stamp set in awhile and just remember how cute it is....maybe you'll get me to dig it out! Thanks for playing at Create with Connie & Mary!

Deb said...

Great card! I love these little silhouette stamps! And these colors work perfectly with them and the sketch! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...pretty! Love the pop of red in your color combo. And the texture in the background! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Post a Comment