07 February 2012

Birthday Wishes…

My weekend just flew by, there was so much squeezed in that at the end of the day on Saturday I could not believe how much had been done.

 

Friday night we had our fortnightly stamping get together and I took my limited supplies, a layout out and the stamp sets as I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but you know sometimes it just does not come together.

 

So I tried again.

 

I was trying to use the sketch layout from Clean and Simple Sketches with the Colour Challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.

 

   2012 Create Challenges-005

 

I have seen so much done with the Blossom Party Die but have not had a chance to use it yet.

 

In the end that was what I need to make everything come together to create my card.

 

I used Concord Crush for the base card and layered the die cut the flowers.

 

 IMG_1925_edited-1

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess set)

Card: Concord Crush, Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Ink: Concord Crush

Accessories:  Blossom Party Die, Circle Ice Rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

If you have read some of my older posts you will know that I love ‘bling’, so I have used a lilac colour Rhinestone Brad from the Circle Ice set for the centre of the flowers.  You can just see the touch of colour in the Rhinestones in the photo.

 

I struggle sometimes to make a clean and simple card so I am happy with the result plus it did not take long to make.

 

This card has been linked to the following challenges found at:

 

Clean & Simple – Sketch Layout 175

Create with Connie & Mary – Colour Challenge #187

Do You Stack Up DYSU - #57 Anything Goes

 

Thanks for stopping by once more, come back soon….. Meg 

9 comments:

Deb said...

What a lovely card! So clean and fresh! I love the flowers and the bling!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

WencheP said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Debbie Henderson said...

Very cute "clean & simple" card. Cute flowers! Thanks for playing CCMC!

Mary Brown said...

SOOOOO extremely FUN! Love the delightful look you got! FABULOUS! Thanks for playing along on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Really pretty clean and simple card! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Carrie Sampsel said...

Pretty card and I love the clean and simple layout of it. The rhinestones were the perfect touch. Thanks for joining this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

Lisa Martz said...

Very clean and simple. Very fun card...I can see this going to a teen or young girl for her birthday! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Just adorable! Love your use of that die...great job on the colors and the sketch! Thank you for playing with us at CCMC!

Julie said...

A very beautiful clean and simple card - my favorite!! Thanks for playing along with CCMC!

Post a Comment