19 February 2012

Bright Birthday

Hi everyone,

 

It has been a wonderful day, warm with no rain about 26 plus degrees and all the washing aired and dried.

 

The weather has now changed and the rain is bucketing down and the humidity is terrible!  Hopefully it will cool down during the night.

 

But I have had a chance to finish a bright birthday card.

 

I have used one of my old favourites for the base card – Pumpkin Pie with a touch of Chocolate Chip and Tempting Turquoise.

 

I used the Flower image from the Button Buddies stamp set and the sentiment is from the Happiest Birthdays Wishes Hostess Stamp Set.

 

The flowers in the vase were punched out using one of the punches from the Itty  Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.

 

 

IMG_1956_edited-1

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Button Buddies, Happiest Birthdays Wishes

Card: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise

Accessories: Stripes & Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, Decorative Label Punch, Cutter Kit
Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack,  1/8” (3.2 mm) Pumpkin Pie Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

I have used the Stripes and Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folders in the Big Shot.  Just love how you can add a little texture with the Big Shot and these wonderful folders.

 

I have also distressed the Chocolate Chip layer with the distressing tool in the Cutter Kit and of  course I have used the Basic Rhinestones for an added ‘bling’ – another of my favourite things!

 

I have also linked this post to the challenges found at:

 

Anything Goes Challenges – Bingo Board Challenge, I used 2 or more Stamped Images, Your Choice & Die Cut/Punches

Paper Minutes Challenges – Colours: Orange, Turquoise & Brown

Scrapbook Essentials BC Sketch Challenges – Sketch Challenge

DYSU - #59 Layers Challenge

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge # 6 – Colours: Brown, Orange & Teal

Crazy 4 Challenges – Use Stripes & Polka Dots

 

 

Thanks for visiting once more, see you again soon …. Meg.

3 comments:

Heike said...

oh, I like this clean and simple card. Tahnks for joining paperminutes.
You have 26 degress plus? Holla...I´d like to have that....Today we had snow and 3 dregrees plus...I hate winter.

Hugs, Heike

Joanne said...

Great job with our color scheme! I love the embossing on the papers and such a nice image. Thanx for joining us at CC&CC, hope to see you again. Aloha, Joanne.

WencheP said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up, hope to see you back next week.

-Wenche

Post a Comment