04 May 2012

Blue Butterflies

Hi everyone,

 

I have used the Clean and Simple sketch 187! to create my very blue butterfly card.

 

At first I was not sure what to do with the sketch and I tried a number of different stamps but I have again used the Creative Element stamp set.  I really love this set – it has a butterfly which I like, the swirls and the flower, what more could a girl ask for!

 

I decided I want to use a shade of colours. At first I was going to use plum/purple but came back to blue as I wanted to use Marina Mist as it is such lovely blue.  So the colours used were Marina Mist and Bashful Blue.

 

The base of the card is Marina Mist card stock and I have inked the swirl from the stamp set in Marina Mist ink and created a soft swirly background.  I added a touch of Marina Mist ink to the outside of the Whisper White piece and some retired Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon.

 

I stamped the flower image on scrap paper twice in Marina Mist and twice in Bashful Blue.  Two Marina Mist images were punched out with the 1” circle punch and layered on Bashful Blue cardstock which had been punched out with the 1 1/4” circle punch.  The two Bashful Blue images were punched out with the 1 1/4” circle punch.

 

The smaller circle were layered on the card first then the Bashful Blue circles were overlapped and had dimensionals adhered to the back.  The butterfly was stamped in Marina Mist and cut out and then I added a double layer of dimensionals so that it was layered a little higher then then larger circles.

 

The sentiment used is from a retired set but it just seemed to suit the card.

 

Here is my card:

 

P1000141_edited-1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Creative Elements, Happy Greetings (retired)

Card: Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Whisper White

Ink: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist

Accessories:  1” (2.5 cm) Circle Punch, 1 1/4” (3.2 cm) Circle Punch, Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon (retired),  Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

 

 

 

And there is just a touch of ‘bling’ to the butterfly :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Clean and Simple – 187 Sketch

Inspire me Fridays – #56 Anything Goes

Creative Card Crew Challenges - #9 Ribbon

Deep Ocean Challenges - #24 Dies/Punches

Southern Girls Challenge – # 43 Get Your Girly On

AUD Sentiments Challenge - #53 Anything Goes

Crafty Creations Challenges – # 268 Mother’s Day

Divas by Design Challenges – #33 Monochromatic

Timeless Tuesday Challenges - #167 Butterflies

Lollipop Crafts Challenges – #78  Anything Goes

The Pink Elephant Challenges - #146 Spring Time

 

 

Once again thanks for visiting my little creative corner and I hope that you have been inspired to go and have some fun creating!

 

Until next time, keep safe and well….. Meg

7 comments:

Pia S said...

What a nice CAS card - lovely design!

Franz♥ said...

Love your gorgeous creation so much! Thanks for sharing it with us at Deep Ocean this forthnight.

Hugs, Franz.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous CAS card, love the stamps you have used!

Thank you for sharing with us this week at Divas, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Marie said...

Such a lovely card. Love the monochromatic look. Thanks for sharing at FTTC.

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing at FTTC.

Greta said...

Oh what a gorgeous, monochromatic card! This one immediately caught my eye, just from the little picture, so had to take a closer look.

Unknown said...

Simply gorgeous lovely card..... Thanks for sharing with us over at Divas By Design!

Big hugs Jo xxx

Post a Comment