27 November 2012

Pink & Blue Christmas

Hi everyone, I hope that your week has started off fabulous and that you are all well!!!

 

I cannot believe that within a months time Christmas will be over ! Yes we are definitely on the down hill count down now.

 

So how are you going with your Christmas cards?  Need some inspirations?  How about visiting us at Holly Jolly for our new challenge which is to use Pink and Blue on your Christmas Project.

 

I was not sure how to complete my card but I wanted to use the Come to Bethlehem stamp set eventually I decided to create a little pink light in a blue background to create a Summer sunset.  You know the saying “Pink sky at Night sailors delight, Pink sky in Morning sailors warning”.

 

So I sponged a piece of Whisper White cardstock with Baja Breeze and then added a little Primerose Petals ink.  I stamped the Three Wise Men in Midnight Muse and embossed it with clear embossing powder.

 

The image was cut out using the Labels Collection Framelits and I also cut out a piece of the Snow Festival DSP in a large die from the Labels Collection to create a frame for the image.

 

The base card stock is Primerose Petal and I added a scrap of Whisper White down one side which has been embossed using the Fancy Fan Folder.  Plus there is one Rhinestone for some bling.

 

Here is my card…

 

P1010051_edited-1

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Come to Bethlehem

Card: Primerose Petal, Whisper White
Ink: Midnight Muse

Accessories:  Labels Collection Framelits, Fancy Fan Folder, Snow Festival DSP, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

I am cute happy with this card and I am really happy that I have used this stamp set.

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Dream Valley Challenges – # 46 Non Traditional Christmas

Christmas Stampin All Year Long - #37 To Die For

Crimbo Crackers Challenge – # 29 Anything Goes

Daring Card Makers Challenge – Twinkle Twinkle

 

Enjoy the rest of your week and keep creating…. Meg

 

 

4 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

Lovely card, lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley challenge. Marlene DT

Mian said...

Such a sweet card, great layout.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Dream Valley.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Dream Valley Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Miri said...

This a beautiful card!!! I like the scene from the Christmas story and that you made the star stand out with the little gem in the middle. Thanks for taking part at the Daring Cardmakers.

Nathalie said...

So cute card. Thank you for joining us to Dream Valley challenges.
Hugs!
Nathalie

Post a Comment