01 March 2015

CAGI Embossing


Hello everyone,
 
I am sharing with you my card for our new challenge at Come and Get It.
 
Our challenge this week is Embossing and we have two fabulous Sponsors Meljens and Sentimental Susan.
 
I have used an image from Sentimental Susan called Viceroy Butterfly which has been printed twice and coloured lightly with Copic Markers.
 
I then cut out one full butterfly and only the wings from the second and layered them together.
 
For the embossing I have used heat embossing and stamped in Versamark some Swirls from the retired Baroque Motif Stamp set and sprinkled with some Green Pearl Embossing Powered by Stamp-It I found in my stash.
 
The light pearl green embossing is perfect on this beautiful piece of paper from Kaisiercraft Telegraph Road Collection and is called P1438 Telegraph.
 
 
Here is my card:
 
 
 
 
I then stamped this sentiment "Hello Sweet Friend" from the Six Sided Sampler stamp set and heat embossed it with Black embossing powered.  The sentiment was then punched out with the retired Round Tab punch.
 
 
Here is a close up of the butterfly:
 
 
 
As you may just be able to see I have also added 3 pearls to the top of wing.
 
The colours used to add the touch of colour to the butterfly were:
 
W00, 0, 1, 3, 5
R0000, 81, 83
 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
 
My Sheri Crafts Challenge - #151 Welcome Spring
Suzy Bees Bloomin' Challenge - #69 Embossing (Wet/Dry)
Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge - #215 Emboss It
 
Many thanks for visiting!
 
Meg 
 

5 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Such a pretty card, love the paper and the addition of the butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us over at myshericrafts this week.
Sue

Un Arcobaleno di Colori said...

What a wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity. Hope to see you again and good luck! : )

Francesca

michele said...

Lovely card Meighan, thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Glenda said...

Very pretty! Your pretty butterfly looks great on the floral paper! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

Glenda's Cards

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 69 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Post a Comment