04 December 2016

A Non-Traditional Christmas


Hello and thanks for visiting.

I am a little late in sharing with you our new challenge at ABC Challenges but I am sure you are going to want to join us!

Theme - U is for Unconventional

Sponsor: Conie Fong Art


So our challenge was to come up with Unconventional Christmas cards meaning no traditional colours. No Green and no Red.


My first thought is blue, like a nice cool winter colour but I found this lovely Kaisercraft paper from the Silver Bells Collection called "Believe" and the main colour is pink, so I have created a pink Christmas card.

Here is my card:


Isn't he the sweetest little penguin.  The image is from Connie Fong and is called Dancing in the Snow.

I have coloured the image in with Copic markers and I also added some of the colour from the copic markers to the KaiserCraft Wooden Snowflakes I recently purchased.

The little white snowflakes are from SU Frosted Sequins retired embellishments pack I had saved in my stash.

I have added some SU Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds on the snow and Liquid Pearls White Opal to create the snowflakes.

Here is close up of the image and the sentiment:



The cardstock used is SU Crumb Cake and Xpress It Blending cardstock.

The sentiment is from the SU stamp set Holly Berry Happiness and has been stamped in SU Brown Sugar ink which is now retired.

The Copic Markers used were:

Pinks - R0000, 81, 83, 85
Penquin - N0, 2, 4
Snow - C00, 1, BG0000, 10
Other- W00, 1


This is another fun card to send overseas for Christmas.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Patties Creations Challenge - #129 Anything Christmas
PDE Linky Party - #149 Anything Goes
Polka Doodle Challenge - #44 Anything Goes
Simply Papercrafts Challenge - #42 Anything Goes
Crimbo Crackers Challenge - E121 Non Traditional Christmas
In the Pink Challenge - #108 Cute and Cuddly
Moving Along with the Times Challenge - #34 Anything Goes with Christmas
The Paper Shelter Challenge - #275 Christmas Card


Hope to see you again soon, have a lovely day!




7 comments:

Bunny said...

I love this, Meg. It's so cute.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the expression on this penguin's face - adorable. Thanks so much for joining us this month at the Pattie's Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Emma said...

Wow - your card is so cute! The little penguin is adorable, especially with the glittery snow! I love the colour combination and snowflakes too! Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT, Emma (DT)

Debs said...

Fabulous card - uber cute image.
Thanks for playing along at ITP
Good luck.
Debs xx

Glittertastic said...

Such a cute image and I'm loving those wooden snowflakes! Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Papercraft xx!

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member

Sue said...

Fabulous card and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue J x

Vic said...

Ooooh, this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Patties Creations this month - Vic, DT x

Post a Comment